Key habits, questions and attitudes to live life on your terms - Rex Sikes
October 30, 2020
I talk to Rex Sikes who has had a successful career as an actor and producer in LA. And actually a Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) coach of mine highly recommended Rex (as have many others I know in the personal development and NLP community. And it’s his work around mind design, and the material from his new book “Life on your terms”, which we’ll explore in this interview and how you can use some of these concepts and principals to help you navigate change, career and life transitions and the bumpy obstacles that come up in your mind holding you back.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Rex went through very difficult periods of his life with friends and his girlfriend leaving him, being on a cocktail of prescription and non-prescription drugs and attempting suicide by jumping off a building
- How he turned his life around by working out how he was asking the wrong questions
- The concept of asking the right questions, using your brain’s capacity for transderivational search to unconscious find answers for you all the time
- What kind of questions you can ask if you don’t know where you want to go in life or your career to start finding solutions
- The concept of the Law Of Attraction and why it might not be working for some people and subtle differences you can do to get better results
- The importance of shifting your thinking from negative to positive and 3 habits you can start practicing to make this shift and manage career change more easily
- What’s the one thing that makes Rex Sikes burn from within?
The full show notes and videos of other interviews are available at burnfromwithin.com/interviews - so listen all the way through and enjoy!
Other resources recommended:
IDEA Seminars - check out this amazing resource full of both free and paid for online courses and training from one of the best NLP Trainers on the planet and also a pioneer of Mind Design - Rex Sikes. I've enrolled on some of Rex' courses including The Attitude Activator, because I wanted to understand how he is so positive and grateful all the time, and now I understand and know why!
If you enjoyed this podcast, please support us: